Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Say Cheese

One class I had last semester I really enjoyed was Black and White Photography (so much in fact, I'm doing Photo II this semester) I thought I'd post some of my favorite photographs I took throughout the semester. Click on them for a larger view.

Technically this one is a photogram (made by putting objects on a sheet of photo paper and exposing it to light)



These next few are of my friend, Drew, who was my awesome model :) She wore the plaid shirt without me knowing, and I really liked how it looked in the leaves.



























This one down here is my favorite one of Drew (also my professors) The white dots are from my scanner, not the negative being dirty. I have another version where you can see more of her hair laying in the leaves that I'll post later. One of the reasons I love this photograph so much is because of how intimate it feels, as if it was meant for a lover. And the background isn't too distracting that it takes away from the main subject.

 


 
Made abstraction-Colored Pencils









2 abstractions of a garden hose


 One of the photographs I took for our time and motion assignment. My professor talked a lot about motion blur, and panning the camera to make the background blurry and have the subject in focus. Not quite what I got, but I still like how this one came out.


This one was an open choice assignment. I took this after the bizarre mini snow storm we had last October. The town over from me had a scarecrow contest which evidently turned into a snowman display.


Self Portrait for your mother

Self Portrait for a lover
 
This was our last assignment. We had to photograph a common object, and the class collectively chose brown eggs. What you did with those eggs was up to you. So without further ado, meet the egg family :D

Again, I apologize if some of these look dirty, they didn't all scan as well as I had hoped.  I do have a few more photographs I'd like to put up as soon as I get my hands on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment